Monday, November 25, 2013

Easy Bread Pudding

With the holidays coming up, I thought I would share an easy dessert dish that is sure to add a little something to any gathering. It is also good for brunch or when you have bread that you do not want to go to waste. Besides bread (almost any type), you can also use croissants, biscuits, doughnuts, etc.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients-

3/4 cup heavy whipping cream at room temperature
3/4 cup milk at room temperature
3 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1 stick salted butter at room temperature 
6 cups of cubed bread 
-optional (but my favorite add-ins)-
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


  • Preheat oven to 350º
  • In a baking dish, put in bread and top with cranberries and walnuts
  • In a mixing bowl, whip together sugar and butter
  • Add in the eggs, cream and milk
  • Whip together until it starts to thicken a little
  • Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg 
  • Pour all over the bread
  • Pat it down to help absorb the liquid
  • Bake for 30-35 mins
  • Let cool slightly and enjoy
You can get very creative with bread pudding. Add almost whatever you like. I have thrown in apples, chocolate chips, pear, the possibilities are basically endless. My favorite type of bread pudding is with croissants or left over glazed doughnuts. I havenʻt tried it yet, but I want to one day make it with Kam Bakeries Poi Doughnuts. My biggest problem there is not having any leftovers.

I recommend serving hot bread pudding with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or fresh whipped cream. Drizzling a little maple syrup (the real one, not the fake one) just about sends you over the edge.

Enjoy!

-L


No comments:

Post a Comment